Oct 14, 2012

Paintstation - Engineers & Recon Vehicle



A small Engineering Team from the Republican Mobile Forces, hailing from the Sol Sector.

This is just a quick little post to detail some more units that I've been painting recently. I recently had an idea to "re-imagine" some of my older forces and rewrite some of their history to make it more "current" with the actual Terminus Nebula setting; that of the Employment War and the post-Great War era in the known Universe. The Engineering team seen above is the first step towards that goal. 

The DysonCombine 'Ronin' Mrk IV heavy recon vehicle is a popular choice for forces who are in need of a fast but rugged patrol vehicle. This particular 'Ronin' is in use by the Gernash Insurgents. 

I'm awaiting some more magnets for the turrets on these vehicles before I can paint up the last two. This one was painted more as a 'proof-of-concept' for how the Gernash Insurgents' vehicles should look. This has also led me to recycle and, to some extend, convert some old Mech-Clix models that I have had lying about for just about forever. It has been a bit of a hit-and-miss in this regard, but converting some hover-tanks suddenly sparked an inspiration for how the Gernash, as a force, should work. Which I will detail in the next blog update. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the engineer team and the Ronin. Look forward to seeing the re-purposed clix figs

    ReplyDelete